Two versions in Programs and Features

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

Mike89

Two versions in Programs and Features

Post by Mike89 »

For some reason I have two versions of the downloader in Programs and Features. An older version 3.1.1.13 is showing along side the newest version. I tried un-installing the old one but it also un-installs the new one. Tried installing the latest one from scratch and the two versions are back in Programs and Features. How do I get rid of it?

Edit:

I just searched for that old version in RegEdit and found one entry. Deleted it and now it is no longer showing in Programs and Features. Must have been leftover for some reason on one of the un-installs.
I7 3770K (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 770, Acer P236H, Soundblaster Z, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDD, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), 2 DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Rosewill Photon 750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 10 Pro x64
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Re: Two versions in Programs and Features

Post by Benjamin »

you can install a version 4.* with a version 3.*, if you reinstall a minor version (x.*) it will be updated not reinstalled.
to delete all parameters you can use VsoClean: http://download2.vso-software.fr/CleanVSO.exe then reinstall the application.